Join our team
We are looking for people who feel confident they can join us in our mission to Start Early & Grow Stronger.
- Start Early: Our team sees the value in starting with families and children early, to get them on track faster.
- Grow Stronger. We help children with special needs by empowering their families with practical education, loving support, and developmental play.
We are looking for candidates who possess the following qualities:
- passion for helping others
- self motivated
- excellent communication skills
- organization skills
The ideal candidate is also one that values the support of a large team.
Early Intervention Job Requirements
Because we operate through state contracts, certain credentials are required.
At least a Bachelor's Degree, in one of the following categories:
Child/Human Development, Education:
- Early Childhood,
- Special Education
- Early Childhood Special Education, or Elementary Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Public Health
- Social Work
Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts to include the following:
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Independent Social Worker
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
- Licenses Doctor of Osteopath
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- (Master's and Doctoral Level only)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Licensed Physicians Assistant
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Licensed Audiologist
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Licensed Occupational Therapist
1 year of experience in the field of early childhood education OR 1 year experience working with infants and toddlers.
“Previous jobs felt like work; I dreaded coming back from vacations and every day felt the same as the one before. The paperwork and routine of my days felt monotonous and there were few ways to find fulfillment. Now, my days are always different; I look forward to seeing the children, their families, and their progress each day. I am excited to return after vacation to see what new skills emerged while I was away. There are so many ways in this career to find satisfaction and joy! Completing paperwork doesn’t feel tedious when it means that you are helping a family access a needed service. Being there for first steps or first words and supporting the family as they learn new ways to interact with their children is really rewarding. The team at Ahead Start is supportive, positive, and easy to work with.” - Valerie Hunt
"I value my job at Ahead Start more than anything. I often find myself smiling when explaining what I do for work because it genuinely fills me with so much joy. Watching children and their families grow and becoming a part of their lives means the world to me. At Ahead Start, I am always supported and cheered on by management to be the best version of myself. I'll never stop telling people that I have 'the best job in the world,' because I truly do."-Anna Madison
“Ahead Start has policies and procedures in place to ensure everyone knows what is expected of them and who to turn to when they need something. There is a system in place to provide individualized training to new team members. There is open communication between management and the team which allows for discussion on concerns or ideas as they arise and promotes the team atmosphere. We have opportunities for upward mobility for those who want it, and everyone has the opportunity to earn bonuses and paid time off.” - Valerie Hunt
Working for Ahead Start allows me to serve families, helping them in a season of life that they did not anticipate needing help. It is very fulfilling to daily have the opportunity to help others.” - Stacey Chapman